Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ,
The Council continues in prayer for all of you. Please do not forsake the worship of God, even if you are unable to gather with the body of believers.
1. First, we will offer the 9:30 service, Psalm 117, on YouTube tomorrow morning.
2. Second, this Sunday, June 7, we will hold one (1) service at 11:10AM in the main sanctuary on the Oneonta campus. We hope to record this service and make it available on YouTube later in the day.
3. Third, due to the ongoing concerns many people have, no one is required or compelled to attend worship on campus tomorrow. If you choose to attend, please do so conscious of the risks, and knowing that we will have some new measures/procedures in place. Also, these are difficult times for many. Please be patient with us and with one another. Let us not pass judgement on others’ choices or actions, claiming it is too little or too much. Don’t put anyone in a position where you make them uncomfortable or compel him/her to go against conscience.
4. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK TO EXPOSURE RELATING TO CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to- person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited or limited the congregation of groups of people.
Pasadena United Reformed Church has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Church cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19.
Further, attending the Church or Church-related activities could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19, resulting in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death.
5. Lastly, thank you all for your prayers, support and patience during this time. We have sought to do what is best, but make no claims to have accomplished such. So thanks again for not forsaking your Church.
For the Council and Consistory,
Pastor Movses Janbazian